Thank you to Projgen for tagging me...
Here are 8 arbitrary things about me:
1. I hate going to the hairdresser. I consider it to be about the same, torture-wise, as going to the dentist. It usually takes me a few years to recover after having my hair cut, which is why it is usually pretty long.
2. I went to 12 different schools in just 11 years because my father was in the US Army. The longest I spent at any school was 2 years (1st & 2nd grade and 8th & 9th grade). In 6th grade I went to 2 different schools, each for just half a school year.
3. I graduated from high school shortly after my 16th birthday, moved to Israel on my own and studied nursing at Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2 years into the degree, I dropped out because I realized that with the kind of nurse I wanted to be, it would be difficult to have a family. After that, I went to study graphic design and printing, which was much more fun).
4. I was frequently accused of being anorexic when I was a teenager. I was also told I looked like Brooke Shields many, many times. No one would say either of these things about me now (and no, I was never close to being anorexic and the feature I have in common with Brooke Shields is most likely my eyebrows...).
5. My childhood best friend got addicted to drugs, sat in jail and was unable to raise her son (he must be in his late teens by now). I still feel a loss at having lost her friendship and I always wonder if there is something that I could have done differently that would have prevented it from happening.
6. I have incredibly amazing stretch marks on my stomach. Most doctors gasp when they see them. It looks like my stomach was hit by a really violent earthquake. I am not sure any amount of airbrushing could fix it so that I could pose for Playboy…
7. I love logic problems and could spend hours doing them if I had the time. I also love organizing things, especially if I can find a place for everything. In theory, my house would be disgustingly neat. In practice, it isn't…
8. My husband and I worked in the same office for 4 years and did several projects together. We still consult with each other about almost every project either of us works on.
Karen (who couldn't possibly have anything better to do with her time...)
and anyone who's currently waiting for a test result of any kind.